Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

11.16.2009

Today's bicycling escapades

Rode 4.21 miles this afternoon on my bicycle. That's the good part.

The bad part? I think because my parents didn't allow me to have a bicycle when I was growing up (e.g. My mother being over-protective, I was an onlly child, something baaaaad might happen to me, etc.) I didn't learn everything I needed to *know* as an adult.

For instance, headwinds and tailwinds are IMPORTANT when you are riding with a Norther coming in. I probably would have learned that as a chhild had my parents allowed me to have a bicycle. Weatherbug tells me that in my area we've had wind gusts up to 24 miles an hour today.

I walked back almost half the way, because I was riding into the wind. I know, I should have paid more attention before I left. But when I left my house I was on the south side of the treeline (protected from the wind), it wasn't until I turned the corner on to Phelan that I really noticed the wind. But even then the wind was at my back and it felt good. It wasn't until I reversed my route (two miles from home) that it occurred to me that this is HARD to do.

Would have helped a lot if I'd have remembered to take water with me, but it's cool and I didn't. I have no problem remembering to drink water in the summer, but when the weather cools off, I never remember.

Also, It's still fall. Just over halfway back the sneezing started, and the eyes and nose started watering. That was with me as I got back into the house. Damn ragweed.

Got to plan better tomorrow. Just GOT to plan better.

No comments: