Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

3.15.2006

This is what I won


On 2-18 I posted that I had won *something* in the Holiday Fabshop hop, but I didn't know what I was getting.

Well I got it in the mail nearly a week ago, I just haven't had the time to post about it.

This is it. Actually there are 4 (not 3, but this is the best picture I could get of them) half yard WOW's. That's a White On White for those of you who don't know. It's probably "the" most difficul thing I could have won to photograph. It's a piece of white cotton fabric with a white print on it. You can only really see them at certain angles or in certain light. So what are they good for you ask? Well, I can over dye them (with the fabric dyes I got for Christmas) and it dyes only the background white and not the white print. I don't think I've got a picture of one on this computer, but take my word for it, it's cool looking.

I can also just use it the way it is in a quilt. Next to certain other colors (some blues, purples, reds, greens) it shows up pretty well too.

So that's what it is. Two total yards (4 different prints) of WOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's terrific. I suspected that the prize would be fabric. It's great that it's something you can use rather than odd fabrics that don't go with anything. Good for your stash or good for dying. A pretty versatile prize all in all...and a lot of fabric. :-)