Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

5.18.2006

I've joined the quilt guild

Yes readers and family, I am now a dues paying, card carying member of the Golden Triangle Quilt Guild. You can only imagine what that means to me. :-)

Went to my first meeting tonight, it was relatively painless, though I didn't cherish staning up in front of everyone and introducing myself. Before we got there Christie told me to definitely NOT raise my hand and volunteer for any committees, so I didn't.

All-in-all it wasn't bad. There was a quick recap of the morning meeting, which is apparently where they do all their real business, then there was a trunk show by Dot Collins, a local, really prolific quilter. She's good, very good.

Anyway, I'm in. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I've thought about joining a Guild, but I just not much of a "joiner" so I don't think it would be my thing, but I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Abejarron Caotico said...

My mother-in-law will be just delighted!

Actually, the chance of running into her aside, this is something I've kind of been expecting you to do eventually. I hear they have fantastic workshops. They even had one where a lady from Bali came to talk about batiks. Wish I'd been there for that!