Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

1.09.2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Yeah, I know, it's the 9th (almost the 10th) of January... I'm a little slow on this one. There really just hasn't been much to say. The holidays mowed me down. I got sick the day after Christmas (it's a rare year that I don't) and I've just really been back on my feet this week. That's *my* news.

The other news, what I'm really posting about is Gary and Megan went to the VFD (Vidor Fire Department) Banquet tonight. Gary got the Volunteer Rookie of the year award. It's a big deal to him (actually to all of us), but he really wanted this. Vidor is just east of Beaumont, between Beaumont and Orange, Tx. Very small town. I think they have maybe 10 full time fire fighters and half that many volunteers.

Gary also got more good news today. He polygraph and last interview with BFD is Friday (yes, yes, yes! That's Mary doing the Happy Dance). Hopefully we'll know something soon.

That's it so far for the NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Gary congrats from me! :-) I've got my fingers crossed and will be thinking of him Friday!

Anonymous said...

Tell Gary congrats from me! :-) I've got my fingers crossed and will be thinking of him Friday!