Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

2.15.2007

Quilting is Geometry

To those of you that quilt this shouldn't be a big surprise, to those of you who don't quilt it might be a surprise. Quilting, with all it's angles, triangles, rectangles, etc. is Geometry.

I've spent a good bit of my life avoiding math. In high school I was better in Geometry than Algebra (Algebra is a whole other language to me, one that I never learned). If someone had told me back then that I'd ever be a quilter, I'd have said... we'll, nervermind, we won't go into what I might have said to them. Back then I thought quilting was boring and for little old ladies. And I was never going to be a little old lady, much less boring.

Now it's exciting and I'm one of those little old ladies. ;-) Still quilting is Geometry. Maybe I should have paid more attention in Geometry class.

I'd hoped to have finished quilting a quilt this week so I could post a picture of it. That didn't happen. This week simply wasn't condusive to getting quilting done. So I don't even have a show and tell for quilt guild tonight. I'm hoping next week is a better quilting week.

No comments: