Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

8.18.2007

To evacuate or not to evacuate, that is the question

Nicky tells us he's ready to evacuate, but he's a cat, what does he know.

I've done all the possible prep for evacuation, the next step is for me to to start loading a vehicle, but we're not at that stage yet, so... I'm thinking about sewing tomorrow as we aren't likely to know anything until Monday.

Dean (the damn hurricane, aka "Dean the Damned") has slowed down a few miles an hour and that could be a big advantage to the upper Gulf Coast. If the high pressure that is in place now holds and continues to move at the same pace to the West, now Dean (the Damned) won't out run it and hopefully this means Dean wouln't come up the coast to vist us. I know that's a big if in there... however it's all we've got to go on for now.

I'll try to update my blog more often, heck, when I tried to login tonight I'd forgotten my password... I think that's a sign I'm not blogging enough.

1 comment:

Marylou said...

It's pretty much a done deal that not only will there be no evacuation, there will be no hurricane threatening us. No skin off my nose. Bye, Bye Dean!!