Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

8.06.2007

An interesting pet day at our house


First off, Nicky INSISTED on helping me baste a quilt this evening. I could have done with a little less help. But I suppose his tiny little heart is in the right place (he REALLY just wants to be petted), but he is fascinated with thread and can't pass up the possible chance to floss his teeth with the thread I'm working with.
The second really interesting thing is the fish, I mean Gary's fish that are STILL in my house had babies. I'm NOT happy about this developement as I really don't want the fish to begin with. It started last year with the gold fish we had getting too big for the 10 gallon tank we have. I gave the fish to a good friend and she put it in her outside pond. Happy fish, Happier Mary.
I came home TWO days later and Gary had gotten me two more fish. He mistakenly thought I didn't want the fish because it got too big for the tank. He didn't realize I just didn't want to deal with fish anymore. (sigh)
He was suppose to take the fish, tank and all, with him when they moved out. He understood this. Now he's giving me all kinds of crap about WHY he can't take the fish. Now the DAMN things have had babies. I counted 7, but I can't be sure that's all of them. They are very tiny and they don't even look like fish... they look more like swimming eyes... tiny, tiny ones at that.
I'm hoping tomorrow is a duller day on the animal front.

1 comment:

Mattexian said...

Can you show a pic of the iddy-biddy fish? Or do ya'll need some mowing done and I can see them then?