Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

10.16.2007

My dr's appointment

Some of you knew I had a dr's appointment this morning. It was simply to get my medications refilled. After having been outside last night I could barely breathe this morning at the dr's office. I knew my allergies were going to kill me today, they always do when I've spent a significant amount of time outside this time of year. However this year seems somewhat worse. The ragweed and goldenrood in our area are out of control and I am allergic to them.

Dr. Wilcox asked me some questions (family history about allergies, asthma, etc) and then gave me a breathing treatment. WOW in a matter of 4 minutes I could breathe again and not hack and cough. He's not labeling me as asthmatic yet, but I'm headed in that direction. The majority of my worst allergies are seasonal. And we're going to try to get them under control and see if this helps me. I told him I'd been really tired the last month or so (about the time this stuff started blooming in our area) and he said my body isn't getting enough oxygen, I'm not sleeping well and that's why I feel tired all of the time.

So for the next week I'm on a combination of prescription allergy medication (Allegra) and taking breathing treatments (Praxair is going to deliver a Nebulizer this afternoon to our house) twice a day. He thinks at that point I'll be able to breathe better on my own and can at least discontinue the breathing treatments.

It was SO amazing how much better I felt right after that breathing treatment in his office. I'm hoping to get Robby to go walking with me this evening at the park.

Hey, two posts in one day, I've been a busy girl. ;-)

No comments: