Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

5.03.2008

Long time, no post

Oh gee, it's been over a month now since I've posted. Time really flies when you never stay home.

Where have I been? I spent a few days with a friend in Friendswood, Texas.

After my b'day I went out to Austin to visit family...

I spent two and half days keeping the Munchkins while Megan went to the Dallas area with her good friend for that friend's grandmother's funeral. It's took me at least 5 days to reccouperate from keeping the Munchkins for 2 1/2 days. Keeping them really was a lot of fun, I do enjoy them so much, but they have so much energy.

I spent this last week at home sewing. I should have some pics to post soon to prove that, unfortunately right now all I have is a *mostly* finished little cowboy quilt that will go to little Robert and a pile of blocks (70, to be exact) that will be put together for a quilt for Lyric.

I'm hoping to be able to tell everyone in a couple of months some REALLY good news about the adoption thing that might be going on, but I don't want to jinx anything right now.

The trip to Austin was amazing, as always. I've learned I live in the WRONG climate. It's so dry out there I don't need my allergy meds at all. This leads me to believe that I'm more allergic to the molds here that come with just the air being so damp.

My friend in Friendswood gave me a drink (actually, I comandeered the whole bottle) of Azul which I FINALLY tracked down here in Beaumont. It was actually easier than I though. I e-mailed the company when I went to the website and told them I couldn't find it here in Beaumont, and asked if they knew of any store in our area that carried it. I got a very nice e-mail back from them that said it would be available at our local HEB within the next week, well, sure enough, it's there now. So I can get it any time I want it now. :-)

Let's see... Oh, and today I went with my Quilting Bee to Huntsville, Texas for "Airing Of The Quilts." It's an outdoor quilt show and sale in Huntsville.



It was an awesome event. After walking around the town square we went back to a restuarant we passed on the way there, The Junction.



Left to right, these are some of my "bee mates," Theresa, Marge and Anita. It was in a wonderful little old turn of the century Victorian Style home, with tall ceilings and and windows that are from the floor to the ceiling. They have Seafood and Steaks, the food is good and reasonably priced.

I'll try not to go a month before posting again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the "airing of the quilts" in Huntsville advertised and I've always wondered...what do they do if it rains? (A good possibility this time of year.)

Marylou said...

I don't have any idea what they do if it rains, I don't know if they postphone it or if there is a facility near enough that they can hold it inside.