Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

11.28.2008

After Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Kelly and David came over to our house and then Megan and Gary and the munchkins showed up just before time to eat. It was great, good time had by all, hope the same at your house.

So today is Black Friday. I did venture out to JoAnn's this morning, just before noon to get a few things... the sale was just too good to pass up. I went in the back way behind the shopping center, saw very little traffic. I avoided the cutting table in JoAnn's... I think I'd still be there if I had needed fabric cut. But then I had to check out. The line to check out wound down isles and through the store, but it was moving quickly. I amused myself by playing Zuma on my phone.

Then I went back home the same way I got there. Very little traffic. Never went near the mall and I'm not sorry about that.

Since I've gotten back from my "Black Friday shopping trip" I've been cleaning some things out around here. So far an entire garbage bag of "stuff." I'd like to say I feel good about throwing all that "stuff" away, but heck, you can't tell anything is missing in the house. sigh

I guess I need to get back to throwing stuff away, so I'll have something to show for the day.

Robby and I are catching up on little things around here today. I think we are going to put up the Christmas tree sometime this weekend and probably lights on the house too. Just have to see how far the weekend stretches. He doesn't go back to work until Tuesday.

No comments: