Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

11.29.2008

Merry Christmas (to ME)

I did more sorting and throwing away today. At least until I stabbed myself in the hand with my knife. It was an accident and not bad. But it did hurt and I was a bit concerned that it took about an hour for it to completely quit bleeding, but it gave me a rest.

Then I started tinkering with MY Christmas present. Oh yeah, I've already got it.


It's a quilt frame that I got second hand. It's in VERY good condition and was really cheap (for a quilting frame).

I can use my own sewing machine on it, and save up for a newer frame. It came with a table that the lady's husband had built especially for it.

It's a nice little set up and my big Christmas present this year.
I got it a couple of weeks ago and have been practicing on muslin. I think I'm ready to do some real quilting now.



2 comments:

Mattexian said...

Wow, that's pretty fancy! A lot fancier than the "old school" quilting frames I've been exposed to, what with it's three rods and gears, capable of having the Singer reach over. I've only seen my grandma's era sewing frame, from Ye Olde Quilting Bee days. (The type GTQG used when doing demonstrations at the French Home and Spindletop.)

Marylou said...

Mine is for machine quilting.

The frame you are talking about is a hand quilting frame, no gears, rods or machines, just lots of room for hands.

I've got a handquiting frame and I LOVE to hand quilt, but we'll all die of old age waiting for me to turn things out by hand. I've got SO many quilts I want to make in my lifetime.