The title of the quilt is Scrap-Apple Log Cabin. Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.
Joyce Saia designed (I believe) and assembled the quilt. Blocks were made by guild members and I am truly sorry I did not get a block in for this one. The quilt is enhanced with applique that includes crochet created by Joyce's mother. Dot Collins did the BEAUTIFUL quilting on this quilt.
This quilt has been submitted for consideration in the 2009 Houston Quilt Festival. We will know if it has been accepted for Festival sometime in July.
To say that this picture does not do this quilt justice is a huge understatement. But this picture gives you an idea of the layout of the quilt.
These last two pictures I took at this past Thursday's guild meeting myself and gives you a truer representation of the colors in the quilt and the exquisite quilting Dot did. You can click on the picture for a larger view.



No comments:
Post a Comment