Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

6.03.2009

We're Grandparents

Robert Rodriguez Warrick and Lyric Cene' Warrick were adopted this morning by Megan and Gary Warrick.

Robby and I are officially and legally grandparents now.

It's just amazing how much older a title can make you in just a matter of minutes.

I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. I'm working on a quilt for Lyric (Robert got his Dragon quilt a couple of weeks ago). But I think I'm going to nap a little now, I've been so wound up for so long and it's raining again and I'm starting to make small mental mistakes.

But I'm happy to be a GRANDMOTHER!!!!!

Will update pics soon.

2 comments:

Mattexian said...

At least everybody involved waited til after your 50th b-day to make it official! That was one of your threats, wasn't it?

Marylou said...

Yes, it was. No one wants to be a grandparent before they're 50 (vanity, I think).

My mother was a grandmother the year she turned 50.