I know I'm posting infrequently at best, but it's one of those years that I'm just not keeping up well with everything. Mostly because there is so much to keep up with.
The GTQG Krewe of Quilts Quilt Show was just amazing. Probably one of, if not THE best shows we've ever had. The quilts were wonderful. I'm not sure how long this link will be good, but The Beaumont Enterprise was there: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/multimedia/content/The_Krewe_of_Quilts_Quilt_Show.html
And no, I had no quilts in the show. Just before the show rolls around every two years I get cold feet and decide not to enter a quilt because I think mine aren't good enough. Then during and after the show I wish I had entered something. It's not because I look at the quilts and think "I can do better than that." On the contrary, I KNOW I can't do better than most of them. But I'm reminded that it's not about winning ribbons or how much better your work is than someone elses, it's about making a good show, about making new friends and getting to know my guild members better and finding that out by working closely with them for a week. It's about comradery of the quilting community.
I'm going to try harder next time to steel myself against self doubt and get a quilted piece in the show.
No comments:
Post a Comment