Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

3.28.2010

Luna Moth







(It's Back)







When I finally "rolled my "lazy butt out of bed" (as someone is so fond of telling me) this morning. I looked out the front door and found a Luna Moth on the (always empty in the morning) bird feeder.










(Underside)








I spent about 20 minutes taking pictures of him (or her). Apparently the way you tell the difference between the sexes is in how "fuzzy" the the antennae are. Not being an entomologist I still can't really say if it's a "he" or a "she". But "it" is very pretty.


I've seen them in our area before, but they aren't what one would consider common here.

As of a few minutes ago "it" is still out there and I'll enjoy "it" as long as "it" wants to stay.

No comments: