Spouse and I got new phones last week. While his was lovingly "used," mine was "used" to death and would no longer hold a charge for the better part of the day. Not to mention if I used it heavily in one day.
Spouse got a Driod. It's pretty cool. But not a "social networking" tool. I went for the BlackBerry, the Storm2. I love it... absolutely LOVE it. It's got everthhing I want and more. And if it doesn't, "there's an App for that." :-)
My favorite two apps so far (in order) are the Amazon Kindle app and the UberTwitter app.
You can now download the Amazon Kindle softwear to BlackBerrys and then purchase the Kindle format books from Amazon. The books are much cheaper than books in print, there is no cost to mail them to you AND you get them instantly. A book in a matter of seconds, it just doesn't get much better than that.
The first book I bought and downloaded to my phone was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I really enjoyed the book and was glad I got a book I enjoyed so much to Christen my phone/Kindle app with.
I don't know that I agree with Sebold's assessment of what heaven is like, but then, to each their own.
I find the convienence of the book on my phone wonderful. Did you ever find youself in a place and have a half an hour or so and wished you had brought a book with you? That won't happen to me again if I've got my phone with me. I can even log into my Amazon account from my phone, buy and download a book if I don't already have one downloaded.
There are other apps for ebooks, but this is the only one I've used so far and it is my favorite app. There are tons and tons of free books to be downloaded all over the Internet. All the classics.
The UberTwitter app lets me Tweet (Twitter) from my phone and lets me see the people I'm following's tweets. So even if I'm not at home with my laptop I can still login and Tweet and see who's tweeting me.
The whole experience is extremely addicting, hence the term "CrackBerry."
There is SO much more than just these two apps to it though. I've got a list app, that yes, I can make myself notes and lists. A grocery list. And why is this so important? Can't you just use a pencil and paper? It is so ingrained in me to have my phone with me that I nearly always have it on my person. How many times have you so pains takingly made that grocery list only to go off and leave it at home? Well, that won't happen to me again.
I was out with a friend this past Friday and she told me about a site she wanted me to see. Neither of us had a paper or pencil/pen with us. I pulled out my BB, typed in the URL saved the note. I *could* have gone ahead and looked at it on my phone, right then and there, but it wasn't urgent and I just needed to remember the URL. When I got home, I opened up the note on my phone and there was the URL. I didn't have to try to remember it.
I think it's probably a sin to love a thing (my BB) as much as I do. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment