Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

4.17.2010

My 51st

Birthday that is.

Really the festivities started long before April 11th. In March Spouse and I got new phones. I absolutely LOVE my BlackBerry. It is so versatile. It takes great pics and I can read books from amazon.com and others, I can even read a lot of free books. It's got loads of apps (tiny little programs that do all kinds of things). Oh, and it's a damn fine phone too. Spouse gave me the Otterbox case for my BB that I've been wanting.

Easter Sunday the quiet one, fireboy and the grand-munchkins + 1 came over, so did Kelly and David. Later Spouse and I went out with the quiet one, fireboy and the grandmunchkins + 1 and ate Mexican food. I took a bunch of pictures.

The grand-munchkins and I planted sunflower seeds. Just for fun, to see what would grow. Well, they started growing and Poppie/Spouse made a great little flower bed for them.

The week before my birthday was kind of crappy. My good friend, Joanie, her father passed away that week. And our nephew, Jacob, his wife, Heather passed away that week too. It was such a shock that Heather passed away, she was so young and had a baby last Nov. But I'm sure in time Jacob and baby ava will be fine. But Heather was so wonderful and will be so missed in the family.

I had announced much earlier in the year that I wanted little Robert and myself to to to Gator Country to celebrate our birthdays. His birthday is exactly one week after mine. This year he turns 4.

Gator Country was awesome. It was very educational. We ate good food and partied with the gators. A good time was had by all.  :-)

Then when we got back From GC the grand-munchkins and I went out and planted the sunflowers in a little bed that Poppie had made just for their little sunflower plants.

The day after my birthday Spouse and I rode out to Navasota on 105 and back on Hwy 290. Saw lots of beautiful wildflowers, and again had a great day. Good food and good fun.

I'm pretty much recooperating this week. It was a wild week last week, some bad, but some really, really good this past weekend.

I'm late on posting this I know, but better late than never.

I'll put pics in the right sidebar soon. Look under Misc. Pictures. You can click on the pictures for larger pictures.

No comments: