Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

11.10.2005

Some days...

This blog is in response to some of my family who wants me to keep them better updated on what's going on down here in the South, specifically in our family, as my e-mails out to everyone who wants to know what's going on have come to a crawl... ok, they've pretty much stopped all together. Like I'm going to update a blog any more often than I send out an e-mail. Ok, we'll try.

The problem seems to be that most days my life is much like watching paint dry... but then I have these days... kind of like today. Where I just don't know where the heck the whole day went.

I got up and did some e-mail. But before I could finish that I got side tracked on to something else (really cool computer thing) and then, before I new it Robby was home (he's on vacation this week), and telling me stuff and we went to lunch. I tried to watch tv this afternoon, but there were interruptions, and then...

THEN Megan called and said she had a wreck on Major Drive. Between our house and College St. I called Robby who was off doing some rat killing (not literally, it's a figure of speech) and told him, and then I told Gary (Megan's BF). He got kind of panicked and we went up to the wreck. It wasn't bad. She told me it wasn't.

Essentially a truck load of Mexicans (and I'm not being racist, there were several guys in the truck and the officer that did the wreck said not one of them spoke English) hit Megan's truck while she was stopped at a light (she was on her way to the pawn shop where she used to work, to get her paycheck) and pushed her truck into the car in front of her. The driver of the car in front of her was a pregnant woman (she's due in 3 weeks). She kept saying she was ok, but everyone there wanted her to go to the hospital to get checked out.

Megan is ok. She was angry about the whole thing (someone running into her, she really loves her truck), and she is upset about the pregnant woman. Oh, the Mexican driving, had no driver's license and no insurance, but he was driving his bosses truck, so it remains to be seen how this is going to come out. Incidentially, the Mexican went to jail.

And BTW, I'm STILL waiting to get my Mustang back from getting it fixed and painted from the tree limb that fell on it during Hurricane Rita. I should get it back any day now (AAAAAny day now), but today wasn't the lucky day.

1 comment:

Gymshoes said...

I'm glad Megan is OK. Since it was "the bosses car", the car should have been insured by the owner, so there may still be insurance. Sorry to hear your hot car is still in the shop. :( Ya'll are having bad luck with cars, aren't you? If I were Robby I'd be worried that I'm next. ;-)