Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

12.16.2005

It's been a long time...

since I posted. There just hasn't been a whole lot to write home about.

Thanksgiving went well. I missed my mom and kept thinking while I was cooking, I wish I could ask her this, or that. I wish I had her opinion on something else. The good news is I didn't poision anyone with Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Matt entertained us by wearing his Utilikilt. :) I've got a picture of him in it. I'll have to post that some time.

There have been few high points around here since Thanksgiving. One of them being my friend, Susan's Christmas party on the 10th of December. It's always fun at her house and she has great friends that come to the party. I've actually gone to enough of them now and know some of her other friends well enough that her party is a chance for me to catch up with them and find out what's new in their lives.

The whole day of the 10th was a good day. Megan and Robby went with me that day and we started out by stopping at the Painted Pony in LaPort, Tx. It's a quilt shop, won't bore you with those details, suffice it to say I bought some GREAT fabric while I was there.

After the Christmas party we went to Fry's in Houston. It's a huge electronics store. They have everything. Bought more Christmas presents.

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I'm nearly done... it's coming along. If it wasn't for ordering things on the internet I'd be in a lot of trouble though.

On the Grinch side of the holiday season. We're STILL battleing our insurance company for more money for fixing our roof. The initial $500 they sent us just isn't going to get it done.

Until something more intereseting happens around here... Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so that's what those kilts are! I saw them at the Art Car Parade earlier this year. There were a handful of guys who worked the parade, clearing the route beforehand, etc. who were wearing them. They rode around on motorized scooters (stand-up scooters) and I wondered if they were uniforms because I'd never seen anything like them. I couldn't decide if they were skirts or culottes. They were obviously not Scottish kilts, but seeing them on guys did make me think of kilts.