I just realized it's been two weeks (yesterday) that I had my wreck and I hadn't updated here about it.
I'm fine. I was sore and bruised for over a week. Some aches and pains. But physically I'm all healed now.
The real pain is our insurance. Oh, they're paying. The driver that hit me had no insurance and we have uninsured motorist insurance, so that is paying. But they are seriously dragging their feet on it. As of yesterday the adjuster still hadn't looked at my car for the second time. Yes, she has to look at it twice. She looked at the outside damage the first of last week and deemed it only had about $4,000 damage (yeah right, that's why it won't roll). But said it needed to go to the shop so they could tear into it and look under the fender, ect. That took til yesterday, but when the shop that my car is at tried to find her to come look at it... she was out of town. So, it been two weeks and the shop still can't start the work until the adjuster finishes her paperwork.
BTW, the shop that has my car says it will only take a month to six weeks after they get started on it. Um, yeah, and they are notorious for being on time too. So...
I do miss my car terribly. I did get a rental car, but it's U G L Y. A putrid shade of green that the rental place calls "gold." No, that's not gold. It's a nice car though, a 2005 Ford Tarus SE. Other than the color, it's ok.
And now a brief word about the weather. HOT!! It's June and in the mid 90's. However the high over us (that's making it so hot, even for us) is what's keeping the future (TS) Alberto away. So we're happy to have the heat (in this case). No one wants anything reminicent of Rita.
2 comments:
What insurance company do you have? Seems like an unreasonable delay. I'm glad you're OK, no long term damage. I was afraid that you'd be without your beloved car for a long time; I remember how long they took last time. I wouldn't mind some rain...we've been in a drought and until recently hadn't had any. The high pressure system that protects us from big storms also shields us from little ones. ;-)
We have Farmers. It's unreasonable to me. ;-)
Well, I had the wreck, May 26th... if I don't get it back until 4-6 weeks from when they start, which they haven't started the work yet... What's a long time?
Rain? As a 10 day refugee from Rita (in the wrong direction, I might add) I'll be gald to water my lawn with the water hose a little longer if we have the insurance that nothing big will come our way.
Post a Comment