Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

7.05.2006

Mustang Too

I picked it up late this afternoon. My car. The second incarnation of my Mustang. At last we left this saga I had a wreck the Friday before Memorial Day (May 26th). My insurance co. decided that my little Mustang could be fixed. Then, because I had a crappy insurance adjuster, they decided it couldn't be fixed. This is where the crappy part comes in... All this took 5 weeks. Yes, to find out my car was totaled and get the money from them, it took 5 weeks. And would have easily taken longer had I not lit a fire under their collective butts last week and yelled at some people who work for Farmers.

Anyway, Robby and I went out this past Saturday and bought a NEW Mustang. To their credit Farmers did give us a more than fair amount of money for the totaled car. AND I got a good deal on this one. I've actually got more options on this one than I did on my original Mustang and paid less for it.

So here she is...



Yeah, it pretty much looks like the other one... that's the idea. I didn't NOT like the other one, in fact I LOVED it. There are some upclose fundamental differences...



This Mustang came with the "Pony Package." Essentially for just over $1,000 extra I got more horses... no, no, not more horse POWER, but more horse logos and the word "Mustang." I also got extra traction control, but you can't "see" traction control, so they gave you lots more horses to justify the just over $1,000. This logo is just inside the door whn you open it.



Here's the word "Mustang," in metal I might add, on the floor mat.



This is a horse logo between the front tire and door, it's on each side of the car.

AND...


Horse logos on all four wheels.



The grill is slightly different, this is called the "Pony Grill" and it does have the fog lamps that weren't available for the V6 on my 'o5.



The last big difference is the brushed chrome panel that the AC vents are in. It was just the tan like the rest of the interior in my last Mustang. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Half a dozen or so people have asked me why I was getting another Mustang... well, it wasn't the car's fault I was in a wreck and it was totaled. In fact it was to the car's credit that I came out of it so well, just a few bruises that healed in a week or so. And I LIKE my Mustang.

And to those in Round Rock, you'll get to see it up close when Linda and I come over the end of this month. :-)

No comments: