Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

10.29.2006

Meet Pressley

So, I closed the Ark... you know, no more animals. Then God said, "No, no, no." And we got Robert (it's a long, LONG story, suffice it to say Megan and Gary have a 6 month old baby boy that actually belongs to Gary's youngest sister, placed with them by CPS. They live in our house, so the baby lives in our house...). Not an animal, but a human.

Then Pressley came to live with us. We got him last night. He's still quite shy and does NOT like the flash on the camera right now. He and Nicky have exchanged some growls, but nothing stronger than that and a little hissing at each other. I think Nicky is pissed that he's no longer an *only cat* in the house. He'll get over it. I don't know what Pressley thinks yet.

So now we've got 2, 3, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fish (THANK YOU very much Gary!) and a snake... ok, Megan and Gary have the snake and the baby... well, that's not as bad as it sounds, the snake and the baby don't interact at all. But if you think it's a zoo around here, you're right.

It remains to be seen just what leaves with them when they move out (no, I don't have a good idea of when they will be moving out).

Ok, back to putting quilting things up for auction on e-Bay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me... You told me the ark was so closed that you wouldn't let me keep a pet lemon at your house so my dog's don't attack the poor thing. (Other readers should not attempt to contemplate the "why" of a pet lemon.) So how did this cat get there? A cat is going to be a whole lot more trouble than a lemon would be!

I think I should come over and inspect the cat. You know, make sure it can be properly petted and fed treats, etc.

Marylou said...

You might want to wait a few days to a week. Pressley isn't completely socialized to our house yet. He and Nicky aren't the best of friends yet and from time to time they both hide, but not together. I can pet Pressley, but I think I'm the only one who has yet.

I think it will take a little time, but he'll be fine.

By the way Pressley is house trained, he has already sought out the litter box and used it. Your lemon will eventually stink and will have to be dealt with. Then there will be a funeral and crying... lemons die faster than cats (in most cases). I don't want to deal with dead things for some years to come. That's why we got a cat, not a lemon.

Anonymous said...

Love the new addition.
Looks like it's the FUN House
over there.
"All types of attractions for all ages over here ladies and gentlemen.Come one Come all!"
Need to charge admission. he he he
LiNdA