The past couple of weeks have been busier than usual, if you can imagine that.
The big news I can write about is that Quilting Cousins has gained another partner, Joanie Fortune, and we are moving out of the Uncle Bob's storage unit we have been renting since we started QC in January.
We've all moved our stuff back to our individual homes and are working from there for the time being. Quilting Cousins is NOT going out of business. It's still Christie, me and now Joanie, we're just going to be saving nearly $350 per month by working in our own homes.
Christie and Joanie went to Canton weekend before last and did well, so we are focusing on that right now. And on how we can save more money to one day get the quilting shop we all want.
I spent the past weekend moving and rearranging stuff in my personal sewing room at home to make it a workspace so I can get Quilting Cousins work done there. With the help of "the spouse" I think we have come upon a good setting for most of my work and personal items.
Now it's just Nicky. There are a number of quilting items that just don't go well with cats. Pins and cats, no. Needles and cat's, no. Seam rippers and cats, no. Scissors and cats, no.
Also, Nicky can make a real mess out of a simple spool of thread rendering it permanently unusable. Why don't you just close the door and leave Nickster on the other side? Weeeeeeell, right now I don't have a door on my sewing room. It goes back to "the spouse" being so over loaded with things that all have to be done right now that he hasn't had time to stain the door and put it back up. Consequentially at the moment Nicky is free to steal my stuff and do with it what he will (I can't hide everything from him, but I am hiding the dangerous stuff from him). I am often heard saying (ok, yelling) No, Nicky, NOOOOOOO, or DROP IT, Nicky!!!
The Hairball (aka Sweetie) is Nicky's cohort in this. The Hairball can't climb, Nicky climbs and ... *liberates* my quilting items, then Hairball figures out how to steal them from Nicky and proceeds to chew them herself. But she can't get the quilting items herself. Without Nicky to steal them for her, she's just a normal (and I uses that term loosely) dog.
That's life, such that it is, at my house for now.
4 comments:
Well, aside from the "help" from the cat (and dog) it seems like working from home will be pretty comfortable. No travel time, fully equipped kitchen and a nice yard to step out into when you want to take a break. :-)
Got your message on my cell. I betcha the group (other than the cat and dog) living at home are glad your there as well. Food is on time more often than not.
Are is that still 50/50?
Hope this works better in the long run.
LiNdA
So, how is that coming...?
LiNdA
If I could ever sit down and get some work done, it would be coming along fine. (sigh)
Post a Comment