I've had several friends ask me about the dripper that I got for Mother's Day... so here it is.It just attaches to the birdbath itself and a metal tube hangs over the birdbath "dripping" (the flow is adjustable by the connection under the birdbath) into the birdbath.
A flexiable tube is under the grass back to the water faucet with a Y connection and the other half of the Y is hooked to the water hose. I can shut off the part to the dripper and still use my water hose without having to manually disconnect things and then reconnect them when I'm done.
4 comments:
If this means the birdbath won't be going dry so often anymore, I think you should put another rubber duckie out there. It was cute, but so sad to see the poor thing beached in the birdbath. And if this attracts more birds, does that mean Nicky is just living in the window now?
Nicky hasn't noticed it yet, however Pressley sits on the back of the couch and drools (literally)at the birds.
That's cool. I'm going to look for one for my birdbath. I agree that the rubber ducky should return to the birdbath now that it has water again...but I'm wondering if it will scare off the real birds. Have real birds ever shared the bath with the rubber bird?
It's mostly the larger birds that are scared away, bluejays, etc. The smaller birds don't seem to mind too much unless the wind is blowing and they can't predict if it's going to "come after them."
Post a Comment