Megan and Gary have found a place to move into and are packing as I type this. I've waited for this circle to complete itself for 20 months.
In August of 2005 we allowed Gary and Megan to move in with us so Gary could go to Fire Training school and find a job. The original agreement was for 1 year. Gary DID complete Fire School. Gary DID get a job with BFD. Over a year and a half, a hurricane and a baby later, they're moving. WHEW! I've survived it.
The electricity will be turned on at the new house Monday and they should be completely in by mid week next week.
I am excited beyond words right now. I'm getting my house back. Robby and I can spread our "stuff" out and be really comfortable again. My sewing room will have normalcy, Robby can move back into his old "guy" room, which is the room Megan, Gary and the baby are in now. And at some point I will gain a guest bedroom.
There just isn't much left to say, except... DAMN, I'm going to miss that baby... ;-)
2 comments:
Somehow I get the feeling that you're not going to have that empty nest syndrome now that the last chick is leaving the nest (again). ;-) Remind me again, how many of the "pathetic lifeforms" (aka "pets") they are taking with them?
I've been waiting all my adult life to have an empty nest (sorry Meg... I love you). :-)
They are taking Biscuit (Boxer), Sweetie (Chiuaua), and the two fish. That will leave us with Oscar and Chloe (dogs) and Nicky and Pressley (cats).
Post a Comment