Excellent question? I wish I had an excellent answer.
The fact is life just gets busier and busier and sometimes leaves me behind in the dust to try to catch up. I suppose that's where I am now.
Gary and Megan (and little Robert) are still living in our house, though they are actively looking for a house to rent to move into. The problem there is since Hurricane Rita, housing, really good housing is few and far between. But I give them credit, they're looking and not taking just *anything*.
Kelly has moved into the house on Abilene. Just Kelly. She and Matt have split up and planning to get a divorce. I've got mixed feelings on this, but she tells us she's happier this way.
This means she needs a lot of help right now and the majority of that is coming from Robby and I.
Some days I'm so worn out I don't know which way is up. I keep telling myself "You had a vacation, two in fact, just last month, what's your problem?"
The day after my b'day my cousin Jimmy and I went out to the Austin area and visited his brother and his wife. It was a WONDERFUL 5 days of eating, sightseeing and shopping. Great hospitality! No owl's in the owl house yet, but it's only been a week since we put it up
Then I came home for 5 days and headed to the beach with a quilting friend for a whole week. It was great too. Sleeping as long as we wanted to, eating what and when we wanted to, and quilting what and as long as we wanted to. AAAAAHHHHH. The beach itself was nice too.
Now vacation is a distant memory. I'm back home and getting things done around here. And I'm quilting, I was a ball of fire when I first got back, but I've slowed down some now. I need to get in there and finish a couple of things so I can move on to bigger projects. But today I do laundry.
I guess that's the "catch up" you've all been wanting to know about. Life moves on and it's dragging me right behind it.
I had a good Mother's Day yesterday... did very little, if anything. Went out to eat mid afternoon. Robby gave me a "dripper" for my birdbath. It drips water into the birdbath to keep it from going dry. I have some trouble keeping water in the birdbath, which defeats the purpose of having a birdbath. No bird wants to bathe in dust. So I have much happier birds. This also entertains the cats (Nicky and Pressley), with more birds in the front yard they have their little feline noses pressed to the front window more in excitement. Though both would probably be horrified to actually catch a bird (here, you take it, no, you take it, AAAAAAEEEEIIIII, I've got blood on my paws....)
Ok, enough rambling, until I come up with something to write next time.
1 comment:
Glad you had a good vacation. :-) Sounds like it's time to start planning the next one. ;-) A side note on birdbath: you not only will have more birds because the bath doesn't go dry, you'll probably have more birds than you had before you got the dripper. Birds are attacted to the sound of running water or falling water. The movement of water is going to pull more in. :-)
Post a Comment