Last Wednesday was Robby's and mine's 25th wedding anniversary. Who'd have thought we'd be here (together) 25 years later? (that's rhetorical) Well, there were "times" I didn't.
Anyway, we went to Waco for a couple of days, and... What's in Waco you ask? Nothing, at least no one we know, and therefore no agenda as far as visiting someone. It was great, we stayed at a little B&B, The lighthouse in McGregor, Tx, just up the road from Waco. We stayed in the Porch Room it's actually in another house from the main house. We had breakfast every morning in the dining room of the main house.
During the days we went to the Texas Ranger Museum (no, not the baseball team) and the Dr. Pepper Museum. We ate great food at places we don't have in our part of Texas. On our anniverdsary we ate at a Shogun Japanese Grill and Sushi Bar. Food was Awesome.
Well, we're home now and back to reality. (sigh) Twenty-five more years til we can do it again.
;-)
3 comments:
Congratulations! Glad you got my card before you left. Sounds like a terrific little road trip. :-)
Happy anniversary! I wish y'all many more years together, without driving each other too crazy.
I passed thru Waco at the end of May twice, once going to State Guard annual training, once coming back. I called my aunt and uncle there while we stopped for gas the first time thru. The second time as we went over the Brazos River I pointed out the suspension bridge and said the Ranger Museum was next to it.
LOL I think we're WAY beyond simply driving each other nuts... it's a "GIVEN."
You and your dad ought to take a trip to the Texas Ranger Museum together. I think you'd both love it. Lots of Texas History, lots of old guns, some you can even touch!
Post a Comment