Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

7.30.2009

End of July

This is my new, super, in a jiffy quilt pattern to make when I need something quick, like a donation quilt.



I think it looks pretty good myself and, no I didn't come up with the pattern, it was in a magazine this month (Quilts and More ), we all bought the magazine when we were on retreat to do donation quilts for the Pleasant Hills Childrens Home in Fairfield Texas. It's a guild project, we're doing approximately 48 quilts for the kids there. We're also making pillowcases and donating new pillows.
I've got it on the quilting frame right now and am going to get it quilted in the next couple of days.
At retreat I started a string quilt. I can't really explain that one. I'll have to take a pic of it when it gets far enough along so that it really looks like something, right now it's just a pile of mis-matched blocks. I've added a couple of twists to mine. I think it's going to look nice tho. By definition string quilts are scrappy, and well, just interesting.
I've made it to the end of July and met ALL my deadlines. I'm already working on deadlines for August. Like, I've got to have the quilt for the Children's Home done by the 20th. It's should be done long before that. I also want to get the string quilt done (ok, the top pieced if nothing else) by the 20th to show at show and tell at the guild.
Ok, back to the sewing machine.

No comments: