http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/d_a__s_office_releases_beating_video.html
SEVERAL people have asked me what I think about this.
A) Dee Dixon (reporter for the Beaumont Enterprise) is biased against the police department. She uses inflamatory words/phrases against the officers (i.e. "a wooden club"). Well, yeah it's wooden, what else would do any good? And it's name is "baton." But she uses an antiquated phrase, with negative conotations on purpose.
B) Newman and the driver REALLY should have gotten back in the car (hot car or not) when the officer told them to. If you don't like the officer who stops you. Don't curse him. Contact his superior/IAD the next day. Don't fight the officer.
C)Langston Adams, who represents Newman in a civil suit, I say we put him through the police academy, dress him in uniform and put him on the street for a year. We'll see if that doesn't change his attitude. "Walk a mile in my shoes..."
D) I don't the the officer(s) (don't know who did or didn't) shouldn't have cursed. It did nothing to de-escalate the situation.
In short, I am always amazed at the amount of opinion spewed by the uninformed.
No comments:
Post a Comment