Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

8.28.2009

Sunbonnet Sue

I'm just not a Sunbonnet Sue kind of gal. As much as I love quilt history and the history of quilting in general (and SBS is an old pattern) I've just never been able to *warm up* to her. While I tend to lean more toward traditional quitling patterns, not so much to SBS.

But this month's guild BOM is a Sunbonnet Sue block and I LOVE applique. So I took a shot at her.




I think I did Sunbonnet Sue justice. :-)

2 comments:

Mattexian said...

When you say, "I took a shot at her," you're not referring to "the many deaths of SBS" are you? ;)

Marylou said...

Well, now that you mention it "The many deaths of SBS" ARE some of my favorite, but I didn't want to get too sinister with my post about her. Some people who read this wouldn't think it's funny (but I do).