Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

8.18.2009

Probable Tornado in Parkdale Mall Area

Just before 2pm this afternoon I was quilting and the spouse called to tell me to shut down my sewing machine and the computers. He then said that there had been a tornado at Kohl's (Department Store) and there were injuries.

I've since learned that it also hit Wal-Mart and possibly Macy's at Parkdale. Cars tossed around in parking lots.

So far only minor injuries have been reported, but some people have gone to the hospital.

I've been in contact with the quiet one and she's at home (safe). #1 SIL is NOT working the FD today, he is doing his scheduled ambulance runs.

As far as I know the Alpha Daughter does not shop at any of those stores (she's a Target shopper, not a WM shopper).

I was at WM yesterday morning. I'm glad I didn't wait til today.

We have another storm moving in from the south of us (I can hear the thunder coming). So I'm going to log off now.

No comments: