This is my string quilt that I alluded to in a previous post. I call it "String quilt with a twist." Though at some point it might get renamed. No the twist is NOT the tail (provided by Nicky), the twist is the red "stars" in the center of the four blocks.The quilt isn't as large as I thought it would be (63 - 7 1/2" blocks) so now I'm thinking I might dress it up some by putting a 6" black border around it and appliqeing vines and scrappy flowers on the border. Maybe a scalloped border. I'm finding out that scalloped borders can dress up a quilt nicely and they just aren't *that* hard to do.
Since it is made of foundation pieced blocks now I have to take all the *foundations* off the back of the blocks. I just used old phone book pages for the foundations for these blocks.

No comments:
Post a Comment