Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

9.12.2009

Rain, Rain...

We've gotten some badly needed rain the past couple of days. Nothing really significant, I'd be surprised if we've had more than a couple of inches, but it's been a slow and soaking rain. And almost as important, the temp has been waaaay down, so what has fallen hasn't instantly evaporated.

I was out on the porch this evening, watching my hummingbird feeder and took this video:

http://tiny.cc/9k1WX

You can hear the car going by on our street, that no longer deters the hummingbirds. Only SUVs, trucks and delivery trucks chase them off now, but only momentarily. What I didn't show in the video was that Pressley was sitting on the railing beside me watching the hummies too. Even he doesn't bother them anymore. I saw as many as 6 hummies at the feeder this afternoon.

1 comment:

Mattexian said...

Pretty cool! Most time I see them around a feeder, they're zooming around like little airborne jousters.