Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

10.13.2009

Update on things

First, thanks to everyone who e-mailed, sent me a card or called about my aunt passing away. I really appreciate it. I am missing her very much at the moment. Even more so I think because my parents are gone.

Every year I say that NEXT fall is going to be better. Due to deaths in my family, hurricanes and just some personal *stuff* fall, even though I LOVE the time of year, just isn't *my* time of year. Hopefully next year that will turn around.

I've pulled out my bicycle, dusted it off, put air in the tires and ridden it a total of one time (that being day before yesterday), since June 1st. It's rainy, gotten warm again and I've had a sinus headache since yesterday. I hear the weather is going to be great for the weekend, so I'm putting great hopes into ridding this weekend.

Yesterday I kept the Grand-Munchkins. They were in fine form and I was exhausted when they left. But I actually LOVE them being here. I am really lucky to have little kids in my life at my age. They really do keep me going and I just LOVE their little personalities. The boy is a charmer and the girl is really coming into a personality of her own now.

The quiet one and Fireboy are moving into their new home this week. That was why I kept the Grand-Munchkins yesterday. I'm still kind of sad that they won't be "just one street over" anymore, but at the same time this is a GREAT opportunity for them and the kids will be going to a GREAT school district. And they will only be 20 minutes away...

I'm not exactly tearing up the world creatively right now. I'm kind of *stuck* as far as quilting. I've got things planned and already started, but they arent moving along at the moment.

Tomorrow night is preview night for HIQF. I'm pretty excited about it again this year. It's the Disneyland equivelant of quilting. There is just more to see and do than you can possibly imagine to see and do in one day. I got my ticket online again this year, nothing is easier than pointing and clicking and not standing in line.

As it always does I'm hoping the International Quilt Festival kick-starts my quilting again. I really need to be working on some things for our guild's quilt show next Feb. I am very much looking forward to that too. I'll post picks of our guild's raffle quilt @ the Houston International Quilt Festival. And BTW I'm STILL selling tickets. E-mail me if you want one or more. They are still 1$ each or 6 for $5.

The spouse is getting ready for deer season, as always. He's always excited about either hunting or fishing, depending on the season.

I guess that brings us all up to date now.

No comments: