... I start getting e-mails from friends wanting to know what I'm up to. I guess it does stand to reason that if I'm not spending all my time typing, I'm doing something more interesting. But really, that's not always the case.
However, I've started quilting for other people. And the AMAZING part of that is that they are paying me to quilt for them. My cusotmer base is not large, 4 people so far. But there have already been repeat customers, so I think I must be doing a somewhat capable job. I'm really kind of excited about this.
I'm really starting to expand my "quilting horizons" with this. The multiple classes I've been taking for this are really starting to pay off and I've got all kinds of plans for expanding those horizons even further by learning new patterns and branching into pantographs. I'd still be basting quilts on the floor if it wasn't for buying that second hand quilting frame.
I've also been doing a lot more with my BlackBerry. There really IS an app for just about everything and more being written every day. I am just absolutely "picture happy " with it. I can't think of a time when I'v e been without a working camera in my adult life. Well, now that I think about it, I haven't been without a working camera since I was 8 years old. But my BB has opened up all kids of doors to photography and video and it's always right there in my pocket. I just can't get enough of it.
That means I'm getting really good use out of the Passport HD that Spouse got me for Christmas last year. And my grandkids don't know how to act if there isn't a camera/phone pointed at them.
If you want to better keep up with me and my pictures (Megan and the grandkids included), I'm often found on FaceBook and Twitter (Mamie459)
No comments:
Post a Comment