Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

6.05.2010

Back from vacation

Took our anual Memorial Day trip to Toledo Bend to see the In-laws and visit with the grandkids. Five days this time. Just about right. I love my grandkids, but they REALLY wear me out. Frankly, I'm still recooperating, but I did hit the ground running yesterday with things I left to do when we got back. Made a huge dent in my "todo" list too.

First things first, you've GOT to see this cute video I took of the kids watching Spouse clean a fish:

And boy did they catch fish. Gary come up on Wednesday and we went to some friends of my In-laws house who have a pond stocked with catfish. We split what was caught with Megan and Gary. Then Thursday morning Spouse and Gary went out a fished for Bass. So we've got a bunch of them too.

Little Robert caught a Catfish:





Note the bend in the rod.


Yes, LR is VERY reserved. I don't think he knows how BIG this fish really is. And No, Lyric is not crying, I snapped the pic the the moment she was sneezing.
We did lots of fun stuff and had a really GOOD time. We saw turtles and 3 deer.

Megan making biscuits for us one morning.

G-Man's Bass


One night Lyric fell asleep holding her Lorax's had. HAD to have a pic of that.

Little Robert and Poppie just chillin' on the back porch.

2 comments:

Arcadia Iris said...

That looks like an awesome trip! I had no idea they make Lorax dolls, and Robert's fish looks bigger than any I've ever caught. And that last picture is just really wonderful. I love pictures of Dad with the kids.

Marylou said...

RRW has a Barbaloot doll too. I believe Megan got them online.

Robert's fish was bigger than a lot of people have ever caught.