Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

7.11.2010

It's been a while...

... since I've written. I've got some time now. Spouse left this afternoon for Houston for 4 days of computer school. He'll be back Thursday evening.

I'm not cooking this week, unless it can go in the microwave. Lots of steamed veggies.

I've got a quilt guild board meeting tomorrow night to beg for money to take the whole guild history thing digital. It's going to be a huge project. Lots of scanning items and pictures. I'm intimidated and excited at the same time. I hope they ok it. I've written my proposal and tomorrow I'll put some polish on it. Then the board meeting at 6pm.

I've got a lot going on this week and one of those things is preparation for quit retreat 19 - 22. This is a little trip I've taken every year for the past 3 years. It's kind of a gift I give to myself. Three and a half days of sewing, talking, staying up late with good friends and eating (but NO cooking for us). It is an absolute quilter's heaven.

I'm taking some smaller projects I haven't been able to finish lately. That's kind of been my theme for the past year and a half, is finishing quilting projects and moving on to newer projects. All the things I'm taking to work on are either already started or I've at least got the fabric and pattern for.

The big thing I'm going to work on is a quilted Christmas tree skirt. It's an awesome pattern. I'll post pics when I get back, assuming I get far enough along on it that it looks like anything more than a pile of different fabrics.

I've been quilting for other people lately. A few customers, but I've made enough money to go to retreat and have some spending money, so I don't think I've done too badly. I've just finished up the last of my customer's quilts and labels.

I guess that's the big update. Hopefully I'll have pictures of what I did at retreat to show you when I get back.

No comments: