Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

8.01.2010

August update

It seems that things happen so fast around here I barely have time to keep up and no time to blog. Last month was the Golden Triangle Quilt Guild Quilt Retreat in Moss Bluff, La. And it was awesome as always.

I took a quilt as you go class. I have the pic of the class sample (that the teacher did) and I'm putting the binding on mine in the evenings. I will post the pic of mine as soon as I'm finished.

As soon as I got back home from there, my cousin Linda and I went out to Round Rock to visit more family. We had an awesome time as always, just a little bit shorter trip this year, but we got a lot into the trip.

This was from our trip to the Cheeseake Factory in Austin. Yes, That's a Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake.

While in Round Rock I found a tiny new (new to me) quilt shop. And it's SO easy for me to find. I wish I had known about it when we evacuated for Gustav.

Since I've been home, a week now, I've been getting things done around the house and quilting. I have designated August as "Quilt for Mary Month." That was supposed to be in April, because April is when my birthday is and all, buuuuut, for various reasons that just didn't happen. It looks like I've finally got things around here under control enough that I can spend the whole month of August quilting for myself. And I fully expect to be posting pics when I finish things.

On a birthday note, my granddaughter turns 3 years old in a week (August 7), time is really flying by with these kids.

And MY baby, Megan, turns 25 years old August 21. And this has been a REALLY fast 25 years.

No comments: