Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

11.09.2010

Megan's Ultrasound

I'll cut to the chase and just go ahead and tell you, if you haven't heard from another source, Megan is NOT having twins. There was a bit of a question about that until yesterday when she had her ultrasound. There is ONE baby and it is a boy. And Megan is due May 4.

I got to keep Little Robert and Lyric while Megan had her appointment yesterday. Gary called and told the kids what it will be. Robert is very excited, but Lyric... well, as far as I can tell she is just unhappy because she isn't getting what she wants, a girl.

On the other hand, I don't think she usnderstands that with this being a boy, she gets to keep her "sole Princess status." If it were another girl, she would have to share that. Well, let me just say, that ain't gonna happen any time soon. So, it's probably best that it's a boy.

And what will young master Warrick be named. Gary Franklin Warrick III, of course. :-)

I was going to write more about the Houston International Quilt Festival, but now it just all seems to pale in comparison to finding out that I have a grandson on the way. I went back all day Friday. TOTALLY wore myself out, but had so much fun. Got to meet some really interesting people. Had lunch with a German couple. She spoke only a little English, she spoke none. She was quite thrilled to meet "a real Texan." I wanted to tell her they were all over the place, after all they were in Texas, but I didn't.

I did come back from HIQF with a ton of ideas and a really great quilting technique that I can't wait to try as soon as I get my sewing machine back from the repair shop. Yep, they've still got it.

In the mean time I'm planning my new grandson's quilt, that I'll start on after the first of the year. and now I'm doing some handwork that has just been sitting around collecting dust for the last few years.

No comments: