Yup. It's been one of those weeks. You know the kind, that you don't want to EVER want to have to repeat...
First let me say that I hinted in my 12-31-05 post that "There might be some interesting things coming my way in '06... and that's all I can say about that right now." Well things have kind of accelerated a bit and I'm pleased to say I'm in business now with the wife of one of Robby's cousins. Christie Griffin and I have started a quilt shop. We won't have a physical address right away as we have rented a climate controlled storeage building and will be putting together quilt kits and taking them to quilt shows and selling them in the very near future. We've been filling out paper work (and I am glad we only have to go through this paperwork stuff once) all this week and will be in Dallas next week on a fabric shopping spree. Quilting Cousins is born!
The next really interesting thing is that Megan had a wreck yesterday. I know, I know, this is getting almost routine... didn't she just have one in November or December? But this one was worse. She was in Robby's truck as hers is in the body shop being fixed from her last wreck. She was on her way to work on Keith Rd and turned on to 105. There was a vehicle turning on to Keith Rd. right beside her, but she couldn't see that to the back, and right, of that vehicle was an SUV, she pulled out and hit it. It did more damage to Robby's truck than to his SUV and it was Definitely her fault.
The air bags went off. She hit the drivers door window and broke it out. She was taken by ambulance to St. E. and when Robby picked me up and got me to the hospital she was in the ER.
They did a CT Scan and said no damage on the inside of her skull (this is good), all the damage is on the outside. The whole left side of her forehead was swollen and "misshapen." She has a concussion. After the CT Scan showed there was nothing going on inside her head (ok, nothing BAD) they sent her home.
The swelling is down today, and the brusing isn't as bad as I had feared it would be, but her left eye is swollen shut. In short, it isn't "pretty." But the drs agreed that it will go back to normal in a few days.
I'll post pictures of the truck soon.
Oh, and Wednesday we finally got the roof on the house. Our contractor haggled with our insurance co. on our behalf and they finally gave us more money... not a *lot* more mind you, but considering that they first gave us $500, what they eventually gave us *seemed like* a lot more to us.
Yup. Been a busy week.
1 comment:
Sheesh, this ought to have been two blog posts...I gotta split my comments up here...
First of all congrats on the quilt shop! When you get the kits packaged up, you need to post details and photos here, so anyone reading the blog can contact you about them (assuming you have kits before you have an online shop).
Secondly, OMG! I was just horrified to read about Megan's wreck. I'm so glad she will be OK. It sounds awfully painful. Give her a hug for me.
Post a Comment