Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

2.15.2006

Dull as dirt...

I told you, sometimes my life is dull as dirt. I'd have posted sooner, but there is just nothing to say.

I get up, go to work, come home, do housework, go to bed and then do it all over again the next day. Dirt, I tell you. I can't keep a clean house and I'm on the verge of not even trying anymore.

The only redeaming thing in this equation is I really, really, like what I do at work. I love the quilting, I love getting to be creative, Christie is SO easy to work with and we get along well. Christie is teaching me all kinds of new things about quilting and I get to use her quilting machine. No longer does it take me months to make a quilt. I REALLY enjoy what I'm doing. Now if we could just make some money.

We did get the new roof on the house a couple of weeks ago and then last week the guy finished up and put the gutters on the house. I LOVE my gutters. It rained (a lot) the day after he finished them and it was so nice to walk under the edge of the roof and not get drenched by what was running off the roof. The whole Rita/messed up roof saga seems like it's come to an end, finally.

Megan went to the dr last Friday and was released. She's doing really well. Still has a very small knot on her noggin, but her eyes aren't all black and blue any more and she isn't dizzy any more. The dr said she can drive again and resume her regular activities. She told Megan that the likelyhood of her having any seizures has passed. Megan said if she had known she could have a seizure over this she might have given herself a seizure worring about whether or not she might have a siezure. My little optomist. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Megan has been released by the doctor and is loose on the world again. :-)

Since you get to use Christie's machine, does this mean that you've finished up all your unfinished quilts? ;-)

Marylou said...

Oh geez, no. I haven't finished ANY of my personal projects and I'm still learning on Christie's machine. There is a definite learning cure to it.