The long awaited news... I got the soft cast off my foot today!
My foot was kind of gross (scaley, lots of dried, dead skin) and wasn't feeling very photogentic so I didn't take pics of it. Really, it would kind of have grossed you out.
I soaked it tonight and then rubbed it with lotion liberally and it's feeling MUCH better now. I'm thinking pedicure SOON.
I can walk normally now. I don't have restrictions on how long I can be on it. But she said to use common sense, if it hurts and feels tight by mid-afternoon I should put it up a while.
I can officially drive now and go back to work. I can even go grocery shopping (Robby is VERY glad to hear that).
The BEST part is now I can take a shower without taping a plastic bag to my foot to keep it dry.
It's the little things in life, ya know...
6 comments:
And now you can scratch it when it itches! That's always the worst part for me about having a body part bandaged up. I think you should have them paint smiley faces on your toenails when you get the pedicure. Just to show how happy your foot is now.
Excellent news! Put on your dancin' shoes, girl! :-)
No dancing (or walking on the treadmill) for a while yet. The bone is still healing. She told me not to put any extra pressure on it (no running, jogging, jumping, dancing or vigorous walking) for about 5 more weeks.
I bet you really hate the treadmill has been on the back burner... lol
Glad 2 hear the great nrws!
love ya cuz,
LiNdA
Actually, I've gained SOOOOO much weight since this thing with my foot started (first week of June), I really am ready to get back on the treadmill. I feel fat and sluggish.
Need to borrow a bicycle, Mom?
Post a Comment