Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

1.22.2008

Ah, a new week... so what?

Fresh off the heels of the GTQG show last weekend, which went great, assuming I make it to the guild meeting Thursday I'll find out if we set any attendance records (but I think we probably did), Gary called yesterday morning to let me know that Megan was sick, so I went over there and got the kids and brought them back to our house.

I think Megan just thought she'd have a nap and come over and get the kids yesterday afternoon. No such luck. She was sick all night, and is still sick today but feeling better. However,
Little Robert got sick during the night... after a cup of milk to get him to sleep (yep, you mom's out there know what that means...).

Gary has come and gotten the kids this morning and taken them to the dr. I'm sure it's just whatever Megan has and nothing serious, but he worries about them so and worries that CPS will think he's doing all he can for them.

Lyric seemed ok this morning, but I think it's just a matter of time. As a matter of fact I told Robby this morning (at 6am as I was changing shetts on a bed) that as a reward for taking care of them while they were sick we'll be sick in a day or so too. So I've changed sheets (again) and had a badly needed shower this morning, ran around the house with the Lysol and Clorox disinfecting cloths. Now I'm off to the grocery store to get juices and soups in anticipation of Robby and I being sick later on in the week.

2 comments:

Mattexian said...

Yup, that durn flu goin' 'round. When I've started feeling worn out and that little tickle in the throat, I try to stop by a Sonic for their Sonic Sunrise, a cherry limeade with OJ. (I know, I know, OJ kills white people...)

Marylou said...

Oh, BAAAAAD PUN!

Actaully there is a viral stomach bug going around town. I wouldn't say it's 24 hours, more like 48.