Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

1.13.2008

Shopping in Houston today

Robby and I went over to Houston and shopped for ski clothes today. Ok, winter (real winter) clothes. I can't see myself skiing. I mean, come on, one fall and I'll be a never ending snowball.


We did well I think. Jackets, gloves, long underwear, he got boots, I got disgusted. There are some really over priced, butt-ugly boots out there. I didn't find anything I could live with in my price range, so I'm going to shop for some on the internet this week.


It's not like I post often, but I'm going to be non-existant on the internet this week. I'll be getting ready for the Golden Triangle Quilt Show next Saturday and Sunday (January 19 & 20). I don't have anything entered, but I am making a small quilt for the Alzheimer's association.
I'm also making a teapot block for the block challenge that will go into a quilt to be auctioned off next year (I think). All this is very new to me and I'm learning as fast as I can.

That said, I'll be a "white glove lady" at the quilt show Sunday. I considered being a scribe, scribes walk around with the judges when they judge the quilts and write down their comments. The only two real stipulations to this job is the you MUST have legible handwriting and you MUST, be quiet. No talking to the judges, no asking questions. Anyway, I don't have legible handwriting and there is NO WAY I can stay quiet. The best part of it for me would be picking the judges brain on why they thought what they thought about a particular quilt and I wouldn't be able to ask.

Anyway, that's my weekend.

No comments: