
Ok, I'm already late getting one of these out... I was out of
the house having more fun (as if I didn't have enough last
week. :-) today.
These are two does that showed up at The Ranch last December. At that time there was a buck with them, but he wandered off some time after the first of the year. These two just wander around, mostly under the balconies looking for spots where the snow doesn't cover the dead grass so they can eat. However, I did see them in another place digging in the snow and people tend to throw fruit out for them. They really couldn't be "wintering" in a better place.
Took this picture the first morning we were there, they were directly under our balcony. I went downstairs and around the building, I was trying to be exceptionally quiet, but they really didn't seem to mind me being there, they never ran off, they just kind of stroll around where ever they want. They aren't particularly afraid of people and traffic doesn't seem to bother them either.
Yes, that's a bird sitting on the back of the one with it's head down.
2 comments:
WOW! I'm guessing your spouse is gonna want this as his wallpaper. ;-)
We've both got a LOT of wallpaper from this trip. :-)
Post a Comment