So this is today's pic.

This is a power plant (probably coal burning, thought that's
not smoke you see, it's steam rising in the air) near the airport
that we landed at. I took this picture from the taxi (which is
actually a small bus, that carries about 15 people, all their
luggage and is capable of carring skiies) that took us from
the airport to The Ranch.
I actually did get cold at some points in the trip, but not freezing cold. I've never seen so much snow in my LIFE! It was just AWESOME. Though I'm thinking if you live there and have to put up with not only the massive amounts of toursits AND the snow, it wouldn't be so wonderful.
Steamboat Springs has had around 400 inches of snow this snow season already, a normal amount f0r them is around 380 inches, AND March is the month they get the most snow, so they are probably looking at over 500 inches of snow this year.
2 comments:
Yeah, as a matter of fact I DID miss you. :-) Cool pic (literally and figuratively)...fitting that the first pic from Steamboat Springs is one of *steam*. :-) This photo is a rare thing: a picture that makes a power plant look lovely. Though I suppose anything could look nice if enough snow was dumped on it. LOL!
I was starting to wonder too, if y'all were still sick. Glad to hear y'all got a little vacation. I'm looking forward to more pics.
Post a Comment