And why pink you ask? Well it's because this morning when they re-bandaged my foot they put this BRIGHT PINK wrap thingy on it. It's kind of an ace bandge, but it sticks to itself. I've got it for the next week... ok, til the 17th to be precise. Under the BRIGHT PINK thingy is a soft cast (again) and under that is more gauze. My right foot is well wrapped.
And what did she say about it? It looks good!?!? To me it looks like something that should be attached to Frankenstein... it's several interesting shades of bruised and then about 16 stitches down the side of my foot. Of course my intitial reaction was, "I volunteered for this?" Then I remember I'm in less pain now than I was before the surgery. The nurse was quite surprised to hear that.
Dr. Lusk says it's doing well, despite what it looks like. They did x-rays and everthing is perfectly in place. I'm to stay off of my foot for another week. I can walk around, but not a lot. I have to put my foot up when I sit down, but not up above my heart anymore, just get it up off the floor. I can't drive yet, I can't go back to work yet. So I'm kind of at home for another week, but being more mobile in my own home is better than laying on my back with my foot up on a stack of pillows ALL day/night.
3 comments:
Being me... and those two words should give you an idea of where this is going... I had to wonder, "Why would it be attached to Frankenstein? He didn't have the strange body." Frankenstein was the scientist who made the monster... Adam was the monster. Of course, no one would understand it if you said your foot looks like something that should be on Adam's body.
I'm glad you can walk now, and I bet you are, too! That laying around bit seemed like it was starting to get to you. And it's always good when a doc says you're healing well. "This isn't healing well, so you're going to need more surgery," would not be a welcome announcement.
I just know how much you love the color PINK. ;-) So, are you going to post a pic of the Frankenfoot somewhere? ;-)
I've come to terms with the color PINK through quilting, it's still not my favorite color, but it doesn't make me want to puke now either. Besides, this is PINK (more of a neon)rather than simply pink.
You want a pic? I'll see what I can cough up in my spare time today. :-)
Post a Comment