Books open you up to different points of view, and new worlds present themselves through reading. ~Jeff Kinney~

12.31.2008

Bye, Bye 2008

And good riddance... well, I suppose I really shouldn't feel that was about 2008. I had some really good times this year. We did go to Colorado in Feb. We did have our 25th wedding anniversary this year and we got out of Bmt to celebrate it, not to mention I got a really nice diamond ring out of that. ;-)

I also got new furniture.

But there was that damned hurricane (Ike), and it just feels like it's been going on forever.

We had a really nice Christmas. And I've been picking up and cleaning up around the house so I don't start 2009 feeling like I'm in a hole I can't clean myself out of. Also, I'm not waiting until New Year's Day to kick my exercising up a notch. I've been out walking. We have a really nice (for this time of year) hike and bike trail very near our house now and I've been wanting to go try it out for a couple of months, ever since the weather got cooler, but just couldn't fit it into everything else that needed to be done, but this week I got over there and it IS nice, for this time of year. It's going to be hotter than HELL when the weather changes, there are NO trees covering the walk area and it goes around the water retention ponds (when it rains the water is diverted to these ponds until it has time to drain off and it doesn't sit in people's yards, ditches and the neighborhoods). The water is usially only in the retention ponds a day or two, but I'm thinking come mosquito season... yeah, you get it now, don't you...

And tonight, New Year's Eve, well, let me just say that any grandmother with grandkids that aren't old enough to stay by themselves on New Year's Eve is never alone on New Year's Eve, but the spouse has an extra job tonight, so I don't mind. I'll probably not stay up til midnight to ring in the new year as the munchkins are only 2 1/2 years and 16 months old.

The only other thing on my current To Do list is I'm cleaning up and straightening up my sewing room. I've been working on it off and on for several days (since the Saturday after Christmas I think). It's going slowly, much slower than the rest of the house. At present it looks like the whole room has just burped up a ton or so of fabric, as it's everywhere. But I am making progress and I'm hoping that by my Bee Day that I'll have everything back in order and be sewing again.

I guess that's about it. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: